SCHOLAR WORKS HOME > PARENTS HOME >
Are you interested in becoming a mentor? Mentoring is an excellent way to make a significant impact on a young person’s life. No special skills are required….just the willingness to care and devote time to a young person who needs you.
As a mentor, your main purpose will be to help a young person define individual goals and find ways to achieve them. Since the expectation of each child will vary, your job will be to encourage the development of a flexible relationship that responds to both your and the young person’s needs.
As mentor, you may help a young person:
1. Plan a school project;
2. Set career goals and start taking steps to realize them;
3. Make healthy choices about day-to-day life;
4. Think through a problem at home or school.
If you think you’d make a good mentor, please complete the online application to become a mentor. However, you should be aware that it may take a while to be matched with a youth.
In joining our mentoring program, you will be asked to:
1. Supply personal information and professional references
2. Undergo a background check
3. Complete a personal interview
4.Participate in an orientation and training